We at SoLé SoupS love the fall season and all the flavors that come along with it. The fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy some root vegetables, and these aren’t just tasty, they’re also good for you! We want to break down some of the healthiest root vegetables we add to our SoLé SoupS menu and just why you want them.
Some Of The Healthiest Root Vegetables
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes are full of Vitamin C, fiber, manganese, beta carotene, chlorogenic acid, and so much more. With such a nutrient packed profile, they’re great for just about every system of the body, but particularly the immune system. In the autumn months, having some sweet potato may help you to better ward off those seasonal sniffles.
- Onion – Onions are a staple ingredient in many of our SoLé SoupS thanks to the excellent versatile flavor profile they provide. Not only are onions versatile and tasty, they’re also good for you. Onions are high in fiber, Vitamin C, and various antioxidants, and they can be added right into just about any soup.
- Ginger – Ginger smells great, tastes great, and it’s great for you! Ginger gives a bit of zest to a soup’s flavor, and the particular nutrient ginger is most sought after for is gingerol. Gingerol is a compound prized for its many health benefits, but it’s specifically excellent in helping to relieve nausea, menstrual cramps, osteoarthritis pain, and more.
- Carrots – Carrots are a delicious addition to any soup, and they’re also something the body really craves. The beta carotene in carrots may aid in maintaining healthy eyes, skin, bones, and cognitive function.
- Potatoes – What could be more comforting than a hot bowl of soup filled with big hearty chunks of delicious potato? Potatoes aren’t just a tasty soup staple, they’re also good for you. A potato has in it fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, potassium, and manganese, and there are hundreds of different varieties of potato to choose from for different flavors, textures, nutrients, and more.
We at SoLé SoupS love incorporating hearty, healthy, and delicious root vegetables in our autumn homemade soups!