There are greens and there are great greens. While all green vegetables have health benefits that are better than a bag of potato chips, some greens stand high above the rest. If you’re looking to get the most nutrition in one sitting, consider adding the super-star of the greens to your dinner or lunch. Behold the power of SoLé SoupS kale.
A Game Changing Green
Kale has made quite a name for itself in recent years. It’s gone way beyond the plate garnish to become a main plate staple. Now, its’ one of the most super foods available, and with good reason.
1) It gives you what your body needs. It contains a host of nutrients, very little fat, few calories, and over 15 vitamins and minerals that are crucial to your health, such as:
• Vitamin A – 206% of the DV (from beta-carotene)
• Vitamin C – 134% of the DV
• Vitamin K – 684% of the DV
• Calcium – 9% of the DV
• Manganese – 26% of the DV
2) It has a ton of antioxidants. These have been known to do amazing things like protect against many types of cancer, prevent bone loss, detoxify the body, and reduce the effects of aging.
3) It reduces inflammation. Kale contains a high amount of flavonoids that have excellent anti-inflammatory properties. This can fight against arthritis, asthma, and autoimmune disorders.
4) It protects your heart. Kale contains a high amount of bile acid sequestrates which can lower the amount of cholesterol that the body absorbs. This can lead to lower cholesterol and a reduced risk of heart disease.
5) It aids with weight loss. Low in calories with plenty of bulk, kale can make you feel fuller for longer. Foods that have a low energy density, such as kale, have been known to aid in weight loss.
Find The Power Of Kale At SoLé SoupS
SoLé SoupS takes the power of kale and other great greens and adds it to many of the soups that we make. SoLé SoupS lentil with kale is made with amazingly delicious, healthfully nutritious ingredients that are locally grown and harvested. All of our soups pack a punch of good health in every bowl and are full of protein and fiber that satisfies your hunger without weighing you down. This is the way to get the kale your body needs without going through any of the boring ways to prepare it. Done.
Come on into our Soup Studio in Agoura Hills and try any of our soups including squash and our new ramen. If you’re not juicing you should be souping.