It seems that these days, whenever you view a health magazine or website, there is a new revolutionary diet guaranteed to help you lose weight. For example, one diet new to the spotlight claimed that eating nothing but plain potatoes for a year can help you lose over 100 pounds. If you’re looking to live a healthier lifestyle, you’d be wise to ignore diet fads and instead focus on tried-and-true methods like eating lighter.
Why People Struggle With Eating Heavy
Many people struggle with eating unhealthy, substantial portions for three main reasons.
1. They believe that breakfast is the most important day of the day and that it is essential to have a big breakfast. As such, they tend to overeat in the morning, setting the wrong tone for the rest of the day.
2. They do not eat well at lunch. Because people are eating smaller portions in the middle of the day, they believe they can splurge. For example, they may feel that it’s ok to pair a smaller burger with a salad. But, the burger will still be greasy and loaded with calories. Trying to cheat at lunch is another primary factor why people struggle to eat light.
3. They overeat at dinner. For many, dinner is the last meal of the day, so they gorge to help get them through the rest of the night. Dinner is also a culprit because of dessert that tends to accompany it afterward. Filling your already-full stomach with sugar is a recipe sure to bog you down.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Lighter Eating?
There are numerous benefits associated with lighter eating. The most obvious one is you decrease your risk of weight gain. But there are other benefits worth considering.
Eating large meals places quite the burden on your digestive system while eating light can help you stay regular. Furthermore, light eating allows you to get a better night sleep.
Heavy meals can cause indigestion, which can disrupt your sleep patterns. Lastly, lighter meals have been shown to help optimize blood sugar control.
It’s also important to note that you should not skip dinner. Skipping meals is not the same as eating light. If you choose to forgo dinner altogether, you won’t only suffer from hunger, but you could also suffer from nausea, blackouts, and restless sleep.
Ways To Eat Light
Studies have shown that one of the best ways to eat light is by working soups into your diet regularly. Soups trick your body into feeling full, even though you are not consuming many calories. Fruits and vegetables are often the main ingredients in soups. Both are fibrous, which can help you feel fuller.
SoLé SoupS is here for all of your soups needs. We are open from 11 AM until 7 PM every weeknight, ensuring you’ll be able to eat light for both lunch and dinner. We introduce new soups each week and are proud of our latest offerings. Stop into SoLé SoupS to try one of the following:
• Chicken with Brown Rice
• Green Split Peas with Turkey Sausage
• Yellow Split Pea with Coconut Milk
• Green Detox
• Chipotle Corn Chowder
We look forward to seeing you soon!