Celery is more than a garnish, or simple crunchy snack with peanut butter; Celery actually offers tremendous range of health and food recipe benefits. And it’s not just the stalks, and leaves- even the seeds can yield health advantages as well. Why is celery so good for you?
- Celery is an excellent source of antioxidants and enzymes. Scientists have discovered it contains over a dozen unique nutrients; an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin C, Potassium, Folate, and Vitamin B6.
- Celery has been shown to be of high value for great heart-health. It has been used for centuries as an anti-hypertensive agent. Studies have shown that celery can improve blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and prevent heart disease. Celery also displays lipid-lowering actions.
- Anti-inflammatory properties; shown to help with conditions such as joint pain and gout, to affect positive change against kidney and liver infections, skin disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, and even urinary tract infections.
- A great source of dietary fiber, which can aid in an increased sense of food-consumption-satisfaction and in turn, aid in weight loss.
- Celery can prevent dehydration due to its high percentage of both water and electrolytes.
- Studies have shown it can prevent or reduce painful ulcers, helping replenish the stomach lining/ prevent tears in the stomach wall- and nourish both the colon, and intestines too.
- Natural anti-bacterial; helping boost effects of the immune system.
- Celery is a natural diuretic and can help reduce bloating. The compounds in celery can help the body perform a natural detoxification.
- Research has concluded that Celery can reduce fat buildup in the liver, while improving liver enzyme function.
One cup of chopped celery contains just 16 calories, has 0 grams of fat, and a full 5 grams of fiber.
At SoLé Soups, we incorporate celery into nearly all of our SoLé Soups recipes. We’re strong advocates of its health benefits and simply love to know we can help deliver them to you in the form of Nutritious, Pure, Delicious Soups, Sauces & More! At SoLé Soups, we use fresh, natural, and local ingredients, and look forward to serving you soon; come see us today! Please enjoy SoLé often.