Carrots are one of the most delicious vegetables in the world. These colorful roots are incredibly versatile, flavorful, and can be used in a range of different recipes. In soup they can be sweet or savory and compliment a variety of different ingredients. Beyond their wonderful flavor, carrots also provide a variety of great health benefits including:
- Heart Disease Prevention: Eaten regularly, carrots help reduce bad cholesterol levels. This reduces the stress put on your heart to maintain good blood circulation and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Lower Blood Pressure: The potassium in carrots helps stimulate blood flow and circulation by relaxing your blood vessels. Relaxed blood vessels makes it easier for your heart to do its job.
- Boost Immunity: Carrots are rich in the antioxidant vitamin C. White blood cells benefit from this nutrient and are better able to protect the body from sickness. Vitamin C also helps protect against the damaging effects of aging.
- Aid in Digestion: Carrots are fibrous which is wonderful for the digestive system. Fiber helps reduce the risks of constipation and more serious illnesses like colorectal cancer. Fiber also supports heart health by removing cholesterol from arteries and blood vessels.
- Cancer Fighting: Beta-carotene found in carrots had been found to be a cancer fighting agent. It reduces the risk of lung cancer, colon cancer, and even breast cancer.
- Improve Eye Health: Macular degeneration is an eye disease that causes eyesight to deteriorate as people age. Beta-carotene lowers the risk of macular degeneration. It additionally helps in the production of vitamin A, an antioxidant that aids in improving vision and preventing night blindness.
- Brain Health: Not only do carrots help significantly reduce the risk of a stroke but the beta-carotene can help people who have suffered one live longer.
- Diabetes: Carotenoids in carrots lower blood sugar and support healthy insulin and glucose production. This has the added benefit of helping you manage a healthy weight.
Now that you know all the incredible health benefits of carrots, you should consider including more into your diet. One of the most delicious ways to add more servings of carrots to your diet is with soup. The Carrot Ginger Soup by SoLé Soups is fantastic. It’s got all of the wonderful nutrients you learned about and it’s savory sweet to boot! Vegetarian and vegan options make it a dish everyone can enjoy.