Spring is the perfect time to eat soup. It’s still cool enough outside to want a comforting bowl of soup and the spring vegetables from cabbage to peas to asparagus are delicious ingredients to add to any recipe. Here are some of our favorite refreshing spring soups:
- Cauliflower Soup: Cauliflower soup is a perfect soup. It is both light and hearty, fresh and rich. It’s the perfect soup to warm you up on a cool Spring day. The best part about cauliflower soup is it is creamy without having to add dairy, so it’s perfect for the lactose intolerant and vegetarians.
- Sweet Pea Soup: There is nothing more delicious than a fresh pea straight from the garden. Combined with other fresh ingredients like mint and cream, sweet pea soup is a clean and delicious soup to eat in the springtime.
- Asparagus Soup: We love hunting down perfect little spikes of asparagus at the farmer’s market early in the spring. The texture and flavor of asparagus makes for the perfect rich springtime soup. Topped with some fresh springtime garden herbs like thyme and tarragon, asparagus soup is one of our favorites.
- Spring Vegetable Soup With Pesto: A mix of fresh spring vegetables, topped with a basil pesto is a standard Spring soup in Italy. Spring Vegetable Soup is made with a light vegetable broth dotted with chunks of seasonal produce and beans, and is topped with aromatic basil.
- Potato Leek Soup: Leeks are both a spring and fall vegetable, so this is a great soup to eat year round. The delicate oniony flavor mixed with the hearty richness of potato makes this incredibly popular soup perfect for a cool spring day.
- Spring Onion Soup: Made with either scallions, green garlic, or a mix of both, spring onion soup is a tangy soup you can only truly enjoy in the spring. Pureed to the perfect texture, we love this soup finished with a swirl of fresh cream or topped with croutons.
If you are hungry for a great Spring vegetable soup, start by trying our rich Cauliflower Soup at SoLé Soups. Fresh and light, this creamy soup is the perfect lunchtime meal for Spring. Also keep checking back to see what other great Spring vegetable soups we offer this Spring. We make all our soups from locally grown produce so our menu changes seasonally, you’ll be happily surprised by our great variety!