It’s March and time for St. Patrick’s Day.Ireland has a rich variety of soups. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Irish Potato Soup: Ireland’s favorite tuber shines in this soup. The heartiness of potato together with thinly sliced leeks, cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon elevate the flavor profile of this delicious soup.
- Classic Vegetable Soup: This soup is so tasty you’ll forget you’re eating healthy. Made with either a beef, lamb, or vegetable stock as the base, there’s a myriad of veggies that add layers of savory flavor like potatoes, cabbage, and turnips.
- St. Stephen’s Day Stew: Delectable and creamy, this stew is mouthwatering. Turkey is the key ingredient in this Irish American classic and mushrooms, onions, and bacon round out the flavor. This stew is incredibly hearty and is sure to leave you satisfied.
- Cream of Broccoli Soup: Warm and delicious, cream of broccoli soup is a great way to bring the signature color of Ireland into your meal. Herbs like thyme and bay leaf add depth to enhance the flavor of this creamy delight.
- Parsnip and Apple Soup: If you are looking for something a little more unusual, this is a perfect option. The flavor in the soup is a wonderful mixture of sweet and savory. The sweetness of the apples combines with the herbs and garlic to create a unique taste experience. This soup is also light and delicate, so it’s perfect for a Springtime lunch.
- Irish Lamb Soup: Lamb soup is probably the most classic of all home cooked Irish stews. The Lamb is simmered until it is tender and juicy and falls right off the bone. It mixes beautifully with potatoes, carrots, and green cabbage to provide a filling meal that will have you coming back for more.
Stop by SoLé Soups and try some of our seasonal soups made fresh daily including some of these Irish classics.